Friday 6 May 2011

Analysis of Fonts for the Masthead

Analysis of Fonts for the Masthead

  • Transfixion
  • Hypotonic State
  • SOT (State Of Trance)
  • Life is Trance
  • Transfixed

While choosing a range of fonts for my magazine front cover I decided to choose the best that suited the genre of ‘Trance’. I want my masthead to stand out on my front cover because there aren’t any trance music magazines in publish. From my results, I have found that the target audience prefer the fourth font type. I asked a range of people, ages between 18 and 30. This is to make sure that I have a range of answers and to make sure that I give the best result to entice the target audience. As this would be a new magazine being published, the masthead needs to be individual and stand out from the rest of the music magazines.
I chose to have 7 different font types so the target audience would have a range of fonts that they could choose from. The second favourite font is the sixth one. Therefore this could be a different font that I use for a DJ’s name.

No comments:

Post a Comment