Saturday 8 January 2011

Evaluation of third front cover.

Evaluation of front cover
When we look at this front cover we can see that the central image is showing direct mode of address. The central image is a medium shot which shows enough of the model. 
I then added four coverlines and one incentive; these were
 ‘Distracted? Not any more!’ Many of the students have told me that they are easily distracted. Either when it’s at home doing work or in school doing work, so therefore knowing how to zone out and concentrate would be ideal to have on the front cover of my magazine.
‘Everything needs to be balanced’ Balance is a key thing to handle when in 6th form, but many students find it hard to do. A good balance will give them the good grades they need and the social life they will love. Every student wants to be able to balance everything so knowing that there is a guide on how to do it in the magazine is definitely going to persuade the audience.
'Stories on embarrassing moments!' The students would enjoy having some humour in the magazine, which they could maybe relate to in their lives. 
'Jack; Reveals his Uni success!' It has started to get extremely hard to get into university, so to hear a story from a student into making it easy would be something that would persuade the students into buying the magazine.
'10 free driving lessons' 17 or 18 year olds struggle to pay for driving lessons, so to see this on front cover would definitely entice the students into buying the magazine. 
I feel that on this front cover, the masthead stands out a lot more than in the other front covers. I believe its because the coverlines and incentive are more spread out over the page, and there is a plain background. I will take this advantage on with my music magazine.
The font size of the incentive and coverlines are to similiar. When i design my music magazine i will make sure the font size is different to make sure that each one stands out in their own way.
I will make sure i work on my seal of approval for my music magazine because i feel that it is a weakness.
Using different genders on each cover gave a varied approach as I had a selection to chose from therefore they could appeal to different target audiences. I think if I'd done a cover with a girl and a boy on similar to my second cover however, that could've made it better. I'm also pleased with how I used photoshop to enhance the look of my front covers, as I have never used it before.

No comments:

Post a Comment