Monday 28 March 2011

Planning for my Photoshoot

Planning for my photo shoot


Front cover: Steven with his decks.

Costume: Steven will be wearing a shirt to convey that he’s serious about his music and that many DJ’s wear smart clothes while performing their music in club. He will also be wearing jeans; however you may not see his bottom half because of decks.

Props: Steven will have two props while I take out this photoshoot. These include decks and headphones. This is due to the major part in the music industry. He will be playing his decks.

Setting: The setting of this shoot will be placed in a club to give the atmosphere of being a DJ. However, I will have to be careful of the lighting. 

Facial expression: Steven will be looking at the camera giving direct mode of address. This enhances the target audience to read the magazine.

Pose: When I take theses photos I will need to make sure Steven is standing up straight and not slouching because this may suggest that he’s tired and that he’ s not concentrating.

Body Language: To make this shoot look professional, I will need to make sure that Steven has his body towards the camera making it clear that he is the central target.

Hair and make-up: Steven’s hair will be spiky with no makeup. This is to create the typical ‘DJ’ look. Even though many of the DJ’s in the music industry are against their appearance being the main subject they do like to look smart.

Shot types: Medium/long shots. I will have to make a judgement of how far away I need to be from him. I need to make sure that he is the central attraction and to make sure I’m not too far away.

Lighting: The lighting for this shoot may be difficult, so when I enter the club, I will have to take note of the positioning of the lights and how I will work with that. The lighting needs to be directly on Steven’s face to show his expression and the use of direct mode of address.

Contents page: Stevens half face.

Costume: Steven will be wearing jeans or black trousers with a smart shirt; this represents how they want to come across to the audience when they are at club DJing. They want to be comfortable but smart. In the contents page you won’t see as much of the costume because I have chosen to do a close up shot of him.

Props: For the contents page I am going to choose for him not to have any props with him in this shoot. I want the contents page to be based around him and for him to be the main subject with no distractions.

Setting: For this image I need a plain background because the writing is going to be on the left hand side.
Also, if I want to edit around Steven, then a plain background would be an easier option for me to use the lasso tool to go around his body.

Facial expression: Steven will be dead pan, however he will be using direct mode of address to connect with the audience as soon as they turn the page.
I will experiment by just capturing half of his face to see if this has an effect.

Pose: Steven won’t be posing because you won’t be able to see anything from his shoulders down.

Body Language: Again, you won’t be able to see his body language, however you will be able to tell the sort of person he is by the way he looking at the camera, I want him to come across passionate and serious about music and I will do this by making him use direct mode of address and having dead pan.

Hair and make-up: Steven will have spiky hair.

Shot types: Close-up

Lighting: Natural light that I can edit with easily on Photoshop.

Double page spread: Steven holding his headphones.

Costume: Steven will be wearing jeans, and a t-shirt. I am going to see if having a logo on the top will be too distracting, if that’s the case then I will make him wear a plain top. Most DJ’s wear quite plain clothes because they see their appearance being not as important as their music. I have noticed that they like to show their genre of music being ‘TRANCE’ through what they wear. DJ’s like to look smart while their DJing in a club, therefore I will make him wear a shirt. 

Props: I will have my model photographed with headphones either on his head or around his neck. I will make sure that he has his hand placed on the headphones to make him look committed to his music.

Setting: The setting of this image needs to be fairly plain, to make sure that the central image hasn’t got any distractions. I will use a white wall to make this work.

Facial expression: Throughout the images I capture I will make sure that Steven looks enthusiastic to give a good impression towards the target audience. I will ask him to look at the camera to have a direct mode of address.

Pose: Steven will have his hand held to the headphones on his head. I will experiment with having a forward shot and changing it to a tilted shot.

Body Language: The images for the front page won’t really have a lot of body language showing but I will try to make him show emotion through his eyes.

Hair and make-up: I have researched on DJ’s and have found that many of them have spiked hair, luckily Steven has this type of hair so that won’t be a problem.

Shot types: Medium close- up

Lighting: I will make sure Steven is next to a window so I can get the natural light on this face.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment